CSV Import for Jigoshop WordPress pluginFebruary 12, 2012 / by Marco / Categories : jigoshop, Technology
Jigoshop must be one of the easiest and most comprehensive e-commerce wordpress plugins available on the market. I started using this plugin and love the way you can just purchase and install themes for Jigoshop. Adding products to Jigoshop is very easy and straight forward but what happens when you want to import hundreds of products into your shop?
I spent hours figuring out what to do and came up with a solution. Credit must go to Colin for Colin’s CSV importer. This plugin does the job but I had a few issues with this and managed to solve it. I’m not a developer but analysing some of the code allowed me to fix the issues.
Here is a quick install and setup guide (tested with Jigoshop v1.0):
1. Firstly, you must obviously install Jigoshop in WordPress.
2. Download the zip file called csvloader.zip here (post number 71) and extract the files to your plugin folder in WordPress. Generally it will be located here /blog/wp-content/plugins.
Once extracted you will have a folder called /blog/wp-content/plugins/csvloader
3. Once uploaded, click on Plugins, and activate.
4. Click on CSV Loader and it will load the following page. This will confirm that the plugin has been installed correctly.
5. Now, I had a few issues when using this plugin. The first one was that prices, sku code, weight fields did not upload correctly and some of the column didn’t match when importing. To fix this, I changed some code in the CSVloaded.php file.
e.g: code that was included + there was some other additional code:
update_post_meta( $post_id, ‘sku’, $sku );
update_post_meta( $post_id, ‘regular_price’, $price );
update_post_meta( $post_id, ‘weight’, $weight );
I have included the zip file below. Just click on it, download it and extract it to to the /blog/wp-content/plugins/csvloader/admin folder.
6. Now you need to have your CSV file for uploading. The headings and format that you should use is as follows (just an example):
Based on the code all the fields/headings that you can use are:
Name, Content, Excerpt, Price, Stock, Weight, sku, order, tax, attachment, thumbnail, multi_cat, attribs.
For multi_cat, make sure you have a comma “,” between the different categories.
Click below for an example of a working csv file I used.
7. When you have the csv file ready to upload, go to the CSVloader plugin page and change the following:
- 1. Instead of the “|” use “,” (comma) that’s if you’re using a , in seperating your data fields. Make sure “columns title in first line” is selected.
- 2. If you plan to use Hierarchical categories, select this option.
- 3. Click on choose file and select the csv file you intent to upload.
- 4. Click LOAD.
8. After you click LOAD, it will display the first 4 rows of your CSV file. If you see the data and columns, it means that the file format is correct. Here’s an example:
9. If the data content loaded correctly confirm the mappings between the CSV file and jigoshop. Generally the SKU column doesn’t match so you need to select this manually.
10. Finally, select whether you want to publish the imported data or not, and then click Upload.
Check your Jigoshop and confirm the data is correct. Hopefully this has helped a few people.
Limit to 5 sponsors.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
If you’re like me and you need to quickly create professional and awesome videos on the go then you need to use invideo.io One of the main advantages of using INVIDEO.IO vs your traditional PC or MacOS applications is that it’s web-based. That means you can work on your videos no matter where you are […]read more
Our family has a Nintendo Switch with only the 2 Joycon controllers that came with the Switch. I decided to look at getting extra controllers but I noticed we had 2 PS3 controllers from the Sony Playstation 3. After some research, I discovered there are Bluetooth dongles that allow the PS3 controllers to connect to […]read more