HOW TO SAFEGUARD YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS IN 2019December 6, 2018 / byMarco / Categories : Business, Technology
It is essential for every small and large business to protect itself from various online threats, which could impact their productivity, revenue and reputation.
Unfortunately, it is common for multiple organizations to experience the repercussions of an internet security breach, external attack, or human error. If you want to increase your company’s security, learn how to safeguard your online business in 2019.
Eliminate Malicious Malware
Malware is a very real threat for companies of all sizes. If you fail to secure every computer, you will leave your business vulnerable to attack. That’s because intelligent cybercriminals have designed malicious software to either infiltrate and damage your computer or network, such as ransomware. Unfortunately, this could slow your business down or grind it to a halt, which could have a negative impact on your reputation and profitability.
Thankfully, the following tips can help you to shield your company:
- Many modern internet routers provide an inbuilt firewall, which can provide a first line of defense for protecting your business, so don’t forget to turn it on.
- Boost your computers’ protection by investing in the best security software, which will protect your PCs or network without impacting its performance. Doing so could protect your company from a hacking or identity theft.
- Prevent malicious malware from infiltrating your network by cleaning up your email with an antispam filter. It will block potential risks and unwanted emails, which can prevent your employees from clicking on a malicious URL or downloading a damaging file.
Educate Your Employees
Your employees are only human, so can make mistakes from time to time. For example, they might send sensitive information to the wrong person or may store critical data on the wrong storage system. Unfortunately, their small mistake can lead to a big catastrophe. That’s why it is critical to educate your staff on the importance of data security. For example, you must:
- Inform your employees on the implications for accidental leaks or data loss, such as legal repercussions and reputational issues.
- Educate every employee on the types of information that are strictly confidential, and the problems that might transpire if the files are leaked.
- Let all your employees know that there is a solution for their mistakes. For example, if they accidentally delete a file, they must immediately inform a member of management to arrange for Secure Data Recovery to restore a document.
- Ensure every member of staff not only create strong passwords (letters, numbers, and special characters), but that they routinely change the eight-digit password and keep them stored in a safe and secure place.
- Introduce a strict cybersecurity policy that details non-negotiable processes your team must follow, and enforce consequences if staff fail to adhere to the rules set.
Keeping your business safe from attack can be no easy feat, especially as there are many internal and external threats to contend with, such as human error and harmful malware. However, powerful security software, employee education and strict cybersecurity policies can help to safeguard your business every day of the week so that you can focus on the smooth running of your business.
Limit to 5 sponsors.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
London is a promising city for a lot of people who want to make a difference. And for business owners, this means that you need to find the right place where you can set up your business and be recognized by the public in a city that is so vast. The first order of business […]read more