How to download all your Google photosJanuary 11, 2015 / by Marco / Categories : Websites
Today my wife asked me how she could download all her Google photos into her computer for backup purposes and that’s where I was stumped. It was a very good question from the wife and I admitted to her that I didn’t have the answer. After a few minutes of research I discovered that Google has a tool called Google Takeout which allows you to save your Google data (bookmarks, mail, calendar, contacts, drive, profile, hangouts, google+ circles, google+ stream, google+ pages, blogger, messenger, youtube, google photos, google play books, tasks, location history, maps, and baraza).
So the steps to download all your photos is simply:
1. To go to Google Takeout https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
2. Login to your Google Account
3. Select what you want to backup. In this case select none at the top right hand corner and then just select Google Photos as that’s what the wife wanted.
4. Select NEXT at the bottom
5. Then select Create Archive (there is a delivery method setting to either send the download link via email or save directly to Google drive). Just remember that if you save to Google Drive, it will take up some of your storage space.
6. Download the files from the email links and that’s it – yes the wife has lots of photos.
Google Takeout – ability to backup and download data from Google[/colorbox]
- Advertise Me Pty Ltd
Digital Signage Solutions
Limit to 5 sponsors.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
If you’re like me and you need to quickly create professional and awesome videos on the go then you need to use invideo.io One of the main advantages of using INVIDEO.IO vs your traditional PC or MacOS applications is that it’s web-based. That means you can work on your videos no matter where you are […]read more
I’ve started using the Google Captcha V3 on my websites and started noticing this badge appearing on the right-hand side of the website. The badge looks like this: I found this very annoying to look at so decided to find a way to remove it. The easiest way to remove it on WordPress is to […]read more